This post was originally published in December 2015. We've updated it for webinar best practices for business in 2017.
Webinars or webcasts are a powerful lead generation tool in your digital marketing program. As a middle of the funnel offer, a webcast is more personal than an article or ebook and help potential clients get to know your company before having a sales conversation.
Many of our clients have started webinar programs with much success, and others express hesitation for how to get started. We're often asked for a script or an agenda to help them structure it properly. A script is very useful if you've never hosted a webinar before and so we're providing one here.
But first, let's review some best practices for how to host a webinar.
- Use data to select a compelling and specific topic.
- Choose a presenter who is a subject matter expert and an engaging speaker.
- Build a visually interesting slide deck.
- Set up and schedule your webinar.
- Integrate registration with your CRM/database so you can automate capture of leads.
- Present (see below for script).
- Follow up!
Sample Webinar Introduction Script and Template
So without further ado, here is a sample webinar script and template that you can use to present your own webinars. This script assumes that the webinar will involve two people: a host and a presenter.