Next week is CMS Expo and it's a wonderful time to be in Chicago. The weather is warmer, and it's a great time to get away and build your marketing and business skills.
From the CMS Expo website:
"You don't have time for jargon, vendor speak or spin, and neither do we. Our learning sessions and panels are delivered by real-world presenters, here to help solve the real-world challenges businesses like yours face every day."
I will be presenting five sessions at the conference this year (because I'm insane) covering a variety of topics. Here's the rundown:
- How to Produce Great Web Content for Inbound Marketing
- How To Create Great Web Video
- Best Practices For a Killer Mobile CMS Site
- From Web design Shop to Digital Agency: How to Evolve and Transform your Company
- How To Score and Nurture Leads With Inbound Marketing
So why would you consider attending? Glad you asked! Let's review:
1. Chicago in May is beautiful. Spring is here, and it's the perfect time to see the city. From driving/running/walking down Lakeshore Drive to Navy Pier, there are lots of ways to get out and enjoiy the weather.
2. No PowerPoint doom. I don't just read bullet points on a slide. I have conversations with my audience. Here's proof.
3. You'll learn valuable skills. Want to learn to produce video for your website? Check. Want to learn how to write great content for the web? Check. Thinking about going mobile? Check. This conference will make you a better marketing professional or business owner.
4. Giordano's pizza. 'Nuff said.
5. It could be a turning point for your company. If you own or manage a web design firm and you're wondering how to take the next step toward becoming an inbound marketing agency, you won't want to miss my presentation. My agency recently went through this change, and I plan to share with you how you can evolve in this direction, too.
6. You'll come back looking like a smarty-pants. If you're in charge of helping with marketing for your company, you will come back from this conference with a cannon full of new ideas and initiatives as well as ways to help your team. You'll be the envy of your co-workers. Look how marketing-savvy you are!
7. Great networking. CMS Expo is made up of great people from all over the world who are eager to help you. You'll find designers, developers, marketers, business owners, and more at this conference. It's a very special group of people.
8. Get help figuring out your CMS. A great content management system is crucial to the success of your website. You'll have the chance to gather tons of information that will help you determine which CMS is right for you.
9. Inspiration happens outside your comfort zone. Does it cost time and money to take time away from work to attend? Absolutely. However, sometimes the best inspiration and business breakthroughs can happen when you step outside your comfort zone and get into a different environment. It happens to me all the time.
10. I'm a sucker for free advice. I love to help people... especially people who attend my presentations. Bring your burning marketing questions and let's grab a beverage afterwards. I will do everything I can to assess your challenges and offer some real soutions and advice.
I'm very much looking forward to CMS Expo this year, and I look forward to seeing you there! If you're not already registered, register for CMS Expo today.