Welcome to SpinRadio your inbound marketing and sales radio show. We broadcast every Friday at 10am Eastern LIVE. We take questions from listeners via Twitter and email. We also live tweet with the hashtag #SpinRadio.
If your organization is not podcasting yet, you may be missing an opportunity to reach a wider audience. We'll discuss the technical and creative aspects of launching a podcast for your organization.
Click play below for the live show (or a recording of it if you missed it). The next episode is LIVE at 10am Eastern today. Just refresh this page at 10am if you don't see the live stream yet (it will show last week's recording until then). Or if you missed this one, you can listen to the recording below. The latest episode always streams live at spinweb.net/radio.
Inbound marketing news from the week
- Five Must-know Sales and Marketing Predictions for 2016
- Jack Dorsey tries to rally Twitter staff after epically brutal week
- Learn When is the Best Time to Send Your Emails With New HubSpot Integration
- Facebook offers "Canvas" - a tool for creating digital mini-magazines of your products
How to Create a Podcast
Podcasting is huge right now and very beneficial for all types of businesses. People tend to have more time to listen to a radio show than read an article.
Why would you want to run a podcast?
- Keep yourself up to date in your industry
How to get started podcasting
- Decide on your theme. You want to keep a common theme so you’re not jumping around each episode. Don’t sell, instead teach.
- Decide what you want to teach. What questions do you get from your audience? Turn those topics into podcast topics.
- Think about who is listening. Make sure you teach in a way that will attract the person you hope is listening.
- Decide on type of podcast. Solo monologue, interview style, multiple hosts
- Pick a recording medium. You can use something as simple as the voice recorder on your phone, spreaker, google hangouts, skype, etc. If you are doing a podcast with another host in the same location, get a microphone and sit in front of it. If you’re doing interview style, we recommend GoToMeeting or Webex.
- Producing your podcast. Music, podcast, music. Good places to get music - Wistia, Tune Fruit, Free Music Archive, Premium Beat, Beat Sweet. Never use copyrighted music on your podcast unless you have permission.
- Hosting your podcast. Liberated Syndication, Sound Cloud, Spreaker
- Have a way for people to communicate with you that is separate from your business accounts (email, social media, etc.)
- Decide what you want to talk about. Make sure you’re providing educational content that is real and has been proven.
- Have a personality!
Random & What's Going On at SpinWeb
- Highlights from SpinWeb internal BarCamp yesterday.
- "You can’t out-spend the giants, but you can out-think, out-teach, and out-help them." – Brian Halligan (CEO and Co-Founder of HubSpot)
- "If you work hard and you play well, all those critics quiet themselves pretty quickly." - Peyton Manning
Want to subscribe via mobile device? Head on over to the SpinRadio show page.