Welcome to SpinRadio your inbound marketing and sales radio show for marketing directors and sales managers. We broadcast every Friday at 10am Eastern LIVE. We take questions from listeners via Twitter and email. We also live tweet with the hashtag #SpinRadio.
The days of planning out a big clumsy 12-month marketing calendar are over. That doesn't work anymore. The world moves too fast to predict what you will need 12 months down the road. So what do we do? Enter agile digital marketing.
Click play below for the live show (or a recording of it if you missed it). The next episode is LIVE at 10am Eastern today. Just refresh this page at 10am if you don't see the live stream yet (it will show last week's recording until then). Or if you missed this one, you can listen to the recording below. The latest episode always streams live at spinweb.net/radio.
Inbound marketing news from the week
- Facebook Cracks Down on Clickbait Headlines: Do's and Don'ts
- Thanks to the iPad, Apple Finally Favored for Business Use
- AdBlock Plus Has a Workaround for Facebook's Restrictions
How to Run an Agile Digital Marketing Strategy
Industry terminology is something we pay attention to.
Inbound Marketing has stayed steady for a while. But Digital Marketing is keeps going up.
Agile is about adapting to what’s going on in the market and your product. It’s about being flexible.
Here’s how it works:
- Divide work up into a sprint (2 weeks).
- Honor the fact that work is a flow of work.
- Every 2 weeks, we are going to map out a short list of things we will accomplish in the next 2 weeks.
- Everything gets broken down and appointed points.
- The sprint is made up of all the points based on the velocity (how many points fit into a sprint)
- You decide at what pace you want to move and what you’re prioritizing.
- You can change things and figure out what you’re going to do as you go.
- Meet, Mingle, and Learn! Register for our next Indy HUG event featuring Ben Ratner from HubSpot
- MBO Conference: use "SPINWEB20" for $20 off your registration
- Congrats to DK New Media and the Marketing Tech Blog: Finalists for Best Digital Publication
- "When someone tells me no, it doesn't mean I can't do it. It just means I can't do it with them." - Karen E. Quinones Miller
- “Fear, uncertainty and discomfort are your compasses toward growth.” - Unknown